The video card in my gaming machine was crashing and showing artifacts during POST. It's being RMA'd.
This has stopped me from playing computer games which has let me accomplish all the other chores and projects that've been waiting to get done:
1. Installed uTorrent on my WHS. I have it watch for torrents in whs\public\torrents. I've also set up RSS feeds for the shows I like, the feeds come fromfeedmytorrents.com. It downloads them all to one dir and then moves them into whs\video\tv\%showname% to make it easy for the wife and the rest of the hosue to find.
I also set up the scheduler in uTorrent to only download and seed at night when everyone else is asleep. uTorrent's scheduler is tedious to configure but works. I tried at first to figure out a way to do with it Task Scheduler in Windows but hade a very difficult time and scratched that idea.
2. RMA'd a bad stick of memory back to G. Skill. I don't really like evanagalizing products but now I will. G. Skill offers everything I like: the memory is good quality, cheap, comes with a lifetime warranty and they have an easy RMA process.
3. I filed my taxes. It's depressing to see how much money I've made compared to how much I have, but it's exciting to think how much I'll get back. No matter what, it has to be done and I don't mind paying taxes. But I recognize the need and the corrolation between the taxes I pay and the services I use and I often feel that I get more than I pay for. I appreciate the roads, the schools, the police and the EMTs. I just wish more of my taxes went to them than to war.
4. Laundry! Yes! I've done 4 loads this week.
5. Hollowed out a book. The next best thing to do with a book after reading or burning is to gut it.
6. Cleaned up the htpc menus. fixed some error messages and added the photos from WHS.
7. Spending more time with my wife. Always a good idea.